• B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Sc.(Engg.) – Degree required
• For final-year students, the final result of 8th semester and mark-sheets must be presented at the time of interview.
• Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSUs Gen. Category:-60%-70%; Reserved Category:-50%-60%.
• Some PSUs allow only present final year students and last two year pass-outs. e.g. NTPC
List of companies with their Eligibility criteria for Management trainee / Engineer / Engineering Graduates / Executive Trainees:
- HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited)
• Graduate in Mechanical/ Electronics/ Electrical/ Production/Computer Science/ Metallurgy/ Aeronautic Branches of Engineering from any recognized Institution/University.
• General/ OBC candidates should have secured 65% marks and SC/ST candidates should have secured a minimum of 55% Marks. in the aggregate (average of marks scored for all the Semesters/ Years) Or corresponding CGPA Ratings / Gradations in their Engineering Degree Examinations.
• Engineering Graduates in the Aeronautical Branch with minimum aggregate 60% marks (for General/OBC) and 50% for SC/ST would be eligible to apply.
• Applications should be submitted strictly 'ONLINE' by logging to HAL Website after recruitment notification.
• Students belonging to SC/ST/Physically Challenged categories (Visually Handicapped / Hearing Handicapped / Orthopaedically Handicapped) and pursuing full time degree course in Engineering in the disciplines of Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Computer Science, Electronics / Telecommunication from a college / university institute recognized by the Govt. of India and should be in the Third Year are eligible to apply for the exam with 65% marks.
• Age relaxation is 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years OBC candidates
• Minimum 55% marks for SC/ST/Physically challenged persons
• Maximum age limit vary with category of posts as specified by NTPC from time to time through advertisements.
- HPCL Recruitment of Officer Trainees- Engineering Disciplines
•Full time Graduates in Engineering / Technology in Civil, Chemical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical and Electronics & Telecommunications Discipline from a recognised Indian University / Institute.
• SC/ST candidates scoring minimum 50% (in aggregate) and OBC Candidates scoring minimum 60% (in aggregate) in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply.
• Those candidates who will be appearing for their Final Year can also apply. SC/ST candidates scoring minimum 50% (in aggregate) and OBC Candidates scoring minimum 60% (in aggregate) are eligible to apply. However, their eligibility for the selection will be subject to their obtaining minimum 60 % (For SC/ST-minimum 50 %) in aggregate in qualifying degree.
•Max Age Limit.SC / ST: 30 years, after allowing age relaxation as per Govt. Directives
• OBC : 28 years , after allowing age relaxation as per Govt. Directives
Written Test/ Interview.
Candidates fulfilling all of the above criteria will be eligible for appearing for Written Test which is objective type consisting of two parts.
The candidates will be called for the Personal Interview as per the policy of the Corporation.
- BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)
• Full time Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline (Mechanical / Electrical / Electrical & Electronics) from a recognized Institute, with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
• Upper Age Limit: 30 years
- DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization)
Atleast first class Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Following Branches:
• Electronics & Communication Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Computer Science & Engineering
• Chemical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Instrumentation Engineering
• Metallurgical Engineering.
• First class Master’s Degree in Science in Chemistry/Physics from a recognized University in respective/relevant discipline.
The upper age limit is 28 years (as on 31st May 2010). It is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/HH/OH candidates in respect of vacancies reserved for them as per rules in vogue. Age is also relaxable for Armed Forces Personnel as per rules in vogue.
Nationality: Only Indian nationals need apply.
- BSNL- JTO (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.- Junior Telecom. Officers)
Nationality: Only Indian Nationals would be eligible to apply.
Applicant must possess a Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology or equivalent Engineering degree in any of the following disciplines from a recognized engineering college/university:
• Information Technology
Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply.
Applicant must possess a Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology or equivalent in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institution/University. Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply .
Applicant must possess a Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology or equivalent in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution/University. Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply.
The applicant for JTOs(Telecom), JTOs(Civil) and JTOs(Electrical) should not be more than 30 years of age on the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates. However, this age is relaxable as per standing instructions on this subject for:
• Govt. servants upto 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Govt.
• BSNL employees upto 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the BSNL
• For Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes candidates upto 5 years
• For OBC Candidates upto 3 years
• For General Category PH candidates upto 10 years, (for SC/ST 15 years and for OBC 13 years)
• For certain other categories like ex-servicemen, displaced persons from East Pakistan[now Bangladesh], repatriates from Burma and Ceylon [now Srilanka],residents of Goa, Daman & Diu, persons migrated from Kenya, Uganda, Republic of Tanzania as per instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
• For Residents of J&K – Relaxation shall be in accordance with DoP&T’s Notification No.15012/7/1991-Estt.(D) dtd. 7.12.2007 pertaining to “Residents of State of Jammu and Kashmir (Relaxation of Upper Age Limit for Recruitment to Central Civil Services & Posts) Rules 1997”.
Further in respect of apprentices who have undergone apprentice training in BSNL successfully, there will be following provision:
• An apprentice will be required to compete in the common competitive examination conducted by BSNL along with other direct candidates and preference to the apprentices over non-apprentices direct candidates will be given only if apprentices secures equal place in merit in select zone and all other eligibility conditions being equal.
• The apprentices would not be required to get her/his name sponsored by any employment exchange.
• The apprentices would be entitled to age relaxation to the extent of the period for which the apprentice had undergone training as apprentice in the BSNL.
**For further assistance and information, log on to websites of the respective PSUs.
For any query, kindly submit your query by visiting the given link: