After you fill up the GATE application form and submit it to GATE authorities, you might get the feeling that you have made a mistake in finalizing the GATE examination city. Or after filling up the GATE application form, you have to move to some other city for any reason. And now you don’t want to travel long to appear for GATE exam. Whatever reasons you would have to change the GATE exam city; it is possible now to change the city of GATE examination.
Yes it is possible now that you can change the city of GATE examination. IIT Kharagpur has declared on its official website that students can submit request to change the city of GATE examination.
See below what the official website says
“Candidates who wish to change the choice of examination city may fill necessary details via GOAPS login during 15th to 20th November 2013. Such candidates have to make a Demand Draft of Rs. 400/- in favour of “Chairperson, GATE 2014″ payable at the city of respective Zonal GATE Office. A printout of the request form along with the DD has to be sent to the respective Zonal GATE Office by 25th November 2013.”
Now follow the below mentioned steps to successfully change the city of GATE exams
- Make a demand draft of INR 400/- in favour of “Chairperson, GATE 2014”.
- Remember the dates from 15th November to 20th November.
- Keep a reminder about these dates as during these days you have to apply for change of city.
- On the required date login to the official website here: http://gateapp.iitkgp.ac.in/gate/ and change the city of examination. Take a printout of the newly examination city.
- Send the print out to the respective zonal office. Don’t delay in the process.
If you some other issues related to GATE application form than do post in the famous and reputable forums of GATE and get help from the students and teachers of the GATE community.