Complete knowledge and in-depth understanding about the subject is the key to crack the GATE exam. GATE exam in India is one of the challenging tasks for students to crack. Cracking GATE exam requires hard work, dedication and continuous practice and one should prepare for it by following steps mentioned below:
Few guidelines on GATE exam preparation
- Develop broad understanding about the fundamentals and technical of your subject.
- Test yourself through regular practice tests about the basic concepts and practical.
- After testing through practice exam, mock test will to provide you a clear picture about your GATE preparations.
- Work dedicatedly and focus on both theoretical and practical aspects of your technical subject. Clear the fundamentals and make your base strong enough that you can understand the entire syllabus with an ease.
- Solve numerical portion of exam as well and do strong practice for it as it can provide you full marks.
- Find out the topics of each subject and make a list of topics to be covered.
- Start with the portion that you already know a bit in your previous classes and try to develop broad understanding and sound knowledge about those topics. Basically, this will boost up your confidence level.
- Approximately 25 Marks in GATE exams are for Mathematics. This is where you can gain full marks. This portion will help you to score well in GATE and beat your competitors. Mathematics depends on practice and thus can easy as compared to other technical subjects.
- The general aptitude portion too is significant and one can score well in this portion as well. It carries 15 marks. This portion is too easy to score in GATE.
- Students should also focus on their technical subjects and study thoroughly each and every portion of the syllabus. They should go for various reference books and make the GATE exam preparation accordingly.
- One should also aware of the fact that GATE examination is consist of negative marking, so answer only those question you are sure of.
Scope of GATE in India
Apart from having admissions in famous institutes such as like IIsc, IITs, NITs, several other research departments and laboratories such as ISRO, DRDO & CSIR give priority to students who scores well in GATE examination. Most of the reputed institutes in India consider the scores of GATE for admissions in post graduate programs. Now, industries also giving preference to students who crack GATE exams for employment purposes. Most of the government organizations consider GATE qualification as an essential requirement to be eligible for applying for the post of scientist or engineer.
There are several coaching institutes in India which can provide you full support and right guidance for GATE preparation. Experienced and professional faculty, well maintained study material, regular test series and mock test sessions will completely enable you to prepare for GATE exams.
The author of the above article is associated with IES Academy which is one of the renowned institutes in Delhi providing quality coaching for GATE, IES and PSU.