Students can now prepare with online mock tests for GATE Exam 2014
As the GATE exams become online from 2014 onwards, students too are looking for various…
FAQ related to GATE 2014 Examination
1. For how many GATE papers can I apply?
Answer. A candidate can apply for only ONE of the 22 papers listed in the GATE 2014 Brochure or GATE website. The choice of the appropriate paper is the responsibility of the candidate. Some guidelines in this respect are suggested below.
1. The candidate is expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of his/her qualifying degree.
2. The candidate is; however, free to choose any paper according to his/her admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which he/she wishes to seek admission.
2. Will I be provided with any white paper for rough work and calculations during the test?
Answer. Blank white papers or a white paper notepad will be provided to the candidate for rough work. However, these papers/pads have to be returned after the examination.
3. Am I allowed to leave the examination hall during the test?
Answer. NO. Candidates will NOT be allowed to leave the examination hall for any reason during the test. Candidates can leave the examination hall only after the closure of the test at the scheduled end of examination in a session.
4. What items are not permitted to be brought with me inside the examination hall?
Answer. Electronic diary, mobile phone and any such electronic or communication gadgets, printed matter, blank papers, clip boards and log-tables will not be allowed inside the examination hall.
5. Can I use a calculator during the exam?
Answer. Yes. Yes. In GATE-2014 you are permitted to use ascientific calculator without data connectivity.
6. Will there be any arrangement at the test center for the safe keeping of my personal items such as my mobile phone?
Answer. No such arrangements is possible at the test center, hence, you are advised not to bring these items with you to the examination venue.
7. Since the website mentions that the GATE-2014 examination will be computer based online test, like some other online examinations do I get to see my score immediately? Does a question that appears on the screen depend upon the correctness of my answer to the previous question?
Answer. No. In GATE-2014 examination, as soon as the candidate logs in for the test at the test centre, a fixed set of questions belonging to that particular paper appear on the screen, either one after another or all together, depending upon the candidate’s wish. The candidate has to answer the questions (consisting of a combination of multiple choice type and numerical answer type questions) using the mouse and a numerical keypad. The candidate’s responses will be stored securely and will be evaluated at later stage. The results will only be known as per the schedule mentioned under Important Dates.
8. After the completion of the application process, and getting my application accepted, I find from the detailed examination schedule given in the GATE website that, for my paper examination will be held in multiple sessions. Can I select the session in which I would like to write the examination?
Answer. No. A candidate has no choice as far as the session is concerned in case of multi-session papers. Session allotment will be done by GATE on a random basis.
FAQ: Admit card
9. When will I receive my admit card?
Answer. Admit card can only be downloaded from the GOAPS website from 18th December 2013 5PM. Sending Admit cards by post has been discontinued.
10. Is the Admit card alone sufficient to gain entry to the exam?
Answer. No. Bring the admit card at the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied / scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. ONLY one of the following photo identifications is permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Employee identification card, or a notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address. Photocopies of the original identification document are not acceptable. Candidates will not be permitted to take the test if original and valid photo identification is not presented.
NOT JUST ABOUT ACADEMICS BUT JOBS TOO TRANSFORM TO NEW ARENA the scope and dynamics of GATE are now completely changed from GATE-2014 in context of engineering field, GATE has really uplifts its importance in multidimensional aspects. As engineering graduate, every student sees public sector undertaking organization as their dream endeavor.
11. Why PSUs are dream options for an engineer?
Answer. • A stable and recession proof career.
12. Who are at win-win situation?
Answer. Clearly with this historic change, all students, PSUs administration and even IITs are at win-win situation. The reason behind this is quite obvious. Students have now more flexibility for their career and have more chance to get admission is ME/M.Tech program. PSUs administration will now get technocrats and managers from cream of the engineering world. IITs will get serious goal oriented students to pursue M.Tech. From table clear that all students will be happy due to good number of vacancies, but particularly electrical and mechanical guys will enjoy more clearly from data, a mechanical candidate having rank in top 1500 will have very good chance to be selected in PSUs.
13. Why GATE-a smile on student face?
Answer. Earlier students used to complain about the nature and standard of paper that PSUs take to recruit its engineering professionals. It has been analyzed PSUs paper lack in questions that check conceptual knowledge and approach. But now GATE is really a GATE way to PSUs. It is most standard and concepted paper to check one’s engineering aptitude. No one can doubt on IIT designed questions paper. So, it is a time for students having good command over technical ability to smile.