IES Exam Centers 2014
Indian Engineering Services (IES) 2014 examination centers are announced and they are now available in…
Union Public Service commission (UPSC) conductsIndian Engineering Services Examination (IES) to make recruitments in different Government Departments for different engineering services or posts. There are four major categories under which the recruitment process completed including Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. The jobs under these categories are highly reputed and therefore the competition is really tough. Large number of students apply for the exams for limited number of vacancies generally, 700-800 vacancies. The selection process for exam includes written test and personal interview rounds. The candidates need to qualify written test first, only than they are qualify for the personal interview rounds. The written test consists of 1000 marks whereas the personality test consists of 200 marks.
Eligibility criteria for IES Exams
Indian Engineering Services or IES held on All-India basis and the eligibility criteria to apply for the IES exam is as follows:
A candidate needs to be:
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, East African countries of Kenya, Sri Lanka, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia and Vietnam, Zaire with the intention of permanently settling in India.
A candidate should attain the age of 21 years and maximum of 30 years. Age relaxation is provided for certain lower sections of society as well as to Government servants in certain categories.
To be eligible for the IES examination, a candidate must have (any one of the following:
● Attained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
● Completed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
● Attained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
● Completed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
● Completed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
● Completed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics & Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.
● Candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts and Engineer Group ‘A’ in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organization) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:
M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.