Most of the students from India might have interest in finding that what is the eligibility criterion for GATE exams? Lots of students from all over India are posting questions in different forums about eligibility of GATE exam. They also posted other related questions also about GATE. But one may not sure that at different forums, they would be able to find the exact answer to their questions. As few of the forums online are authorized and rest ones are not much reliable and you may get answers from students only who themselves are not much aware about certain things. But here we are explaining the right criteria and eligibility conditions to secure admissions in GATE exams.
Categories of different candidates eligible to appear in GATE Exams
- Any student holding bachelor degree in Technology, Engineering and Architecture (four years after 10+2). Final year students are also eligible to appear in GATE exams.
- Any student who hold master degree in any branch of Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications and Science. Any student who is pursuing the final year in masters can also be eligible to appear in GATE exams.
- Students who are in the second or higher year of the 4-year integrated master program (Post-B.sc.) in engineering or technology or in the 3rd or higher year of the 5 year integrated master degree program & dual degree program in engineering or technology.
- Students having qualifications achieved through examination conducted by professional societies recognized by Union public service commission or AICTE.
Few other GATE eligibility criteria are mentioned at the official website of GATE. Here I am explaining those criteria also:
- MCA students in second or third year are also eligible for GATE.
- MSC students pursuing first and second year are also eligible for GATE exams.
- Candidates holding three year degree in BSc, BCA and BCS can also take GATE exams.
- Bsc. In Tech or having four year or three year degree are also eligible for GATE exam.
- B. Tech or B.E integrated students are also eligible.
If you do have any other related degree or have any other query about GATE eligibility, you can contact at the GATE official website.
Other Related eligibilities for GATE Exams
Certificate from Principal
Candidates who required to submit certificate from their respective Principal have to obtain a signature also from principal. That signature will be printed on the application PDF file provided only after the submission of online application form.
Candidates with backlogs
Candidates who have appeared in the final year exam but with a backlog in any of the papers need to submit the qualifying degree i.e either a copy of any one of the mark sheets of the final year or a letter from the principal suggesting that a particular student has a backlog in earlier semester and therefore cant provide a course completion certificate now.